Wednesday, June 27, 2012

So We Give Up Two Hits and Still Lose?! WE. ARE. AWESOME.

Not even a half hour into the game and they are already in the bottom of the third. Just when I begin to think this game is going to be a super fast one, Clayton gives up a solo home run, making this inning the longest so far. I seriously do not think I have seen an inning go by as quickly as the first did. For some reason during one of  the first three innings they started talking about fashion, again. I don't care that they were talking about retro uniforms, this is a baseball game not Project Runway, stop it. They also brought up Aroldis Chapman's little celebration after he closed out the game last night for the Reds. I'm not sure why because I tend to tune out Mark Grant and only hear him when he says something stupid. Everyone seems to have a huge issue about that, the celebration thing not the tuning out Grant thing... okay maybe that too. I understand completely that it comes off as disrespectful but he was excited to not be blowing saves. What I don't understand is Mark Grant's comment about if he did a round off back handspring instead. So it's not okay for Chapman to do somersaults but it would be if he did a round off back handspring?! Oh, okay because that wouldn't be a lot more of a shove it in your face thing than a couple of somersaults, that makes perfect sense. All of that just brings me to this, "I know I should respect your opinion but I find that difficult because you're a fucking idiot". I'm not sorry if this statement pisses you off because you like Mark Grant. I'm sure he's a super nice guy or whatever but his comments make me think that more often that I ever should for one person.

As if I didn't like Leila enough as it is, a foul ball came right to her in the bottom of the fifth and she didn't even attempt to catch it, THEN she went on to ask how you're supposed to catch a ball with a mic in your hand. Uhh, you have two hands for a reason, after all people have caught the ball with a baby in their arms and I'm pretty sure a baby is more valuable than a mic, I could be wrong though. Besides if you really need both hands to catch something you can still do it with something in one hand, it's not that hard.


An hour and a half into the game and we are already done with seven innings. I guess that "super long" third inning didn't slow down the game at all. Clayton gave up two hits in seven innings and they pulled him?! Why the hell would you do that?? It's not like his pitch count was way up there or anything. Please don't tell me he got hurt and that's why he came out of the game. I don't think I can handle any more injuries. The Padres had the chance to tie it in the ninth with Alexi pinch running for Quentin on a single by Logan. I know Alexi has the speed but why the hell did we send him on that?! The Padres once again have the chance to tie it in the ninth and even take the lead, unfortunately the odds are against us... bases loaded, two outs and Nick up to bat. Nick Struck out and the Padres lose 1-0 in about two hours making it probably one of the fastest games I have ever watched. 

Record: 27-49

PS. If you haven't figured it out by this point, I had my sassy pants on while writing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment