Saturday, June 23, 2012

Boring Games Lead to Odd Posts

Sorry for not posting last night but I was kind of stuck in traffic for an hour on the 8W during the game and by the time I got home I was ready to pass out and didn't watch the game until this morning.

Well the Padres score first on what I assumed was a balk call. I had the TV muted because Leila was speaking and we all know how I feel about her. They really need to warn me when she is about to speak so I can have the mute button ready and they also need to give me a cue so I know when to unmute the TV. I completely missed the Mariners three runs being scored because well, getting something to eat was more important. Pretty sure I was on the verge of death and no one would want me to die because then you wouldn't get these perfectly awesome posts. Sometime between that last sentence and me eating a pack of KitKats the Mariners scored two more runs and I still can't tell you how that happened... maybe we should keep food away from me when there's a game on. Anyway, the Mariners lead 5-1 going into the bottom of the fourth which I would have sworn was the bottom of the seventh, probably because they cut to Leila so many times already.

During the top of the seventh Enberg started bitching about players that step out of the batters box and adjust their gloves among doing other things in between pitches saying something about them taking too much time and blah, blah, blah. What makes him think that these players that do it all the time don't have OCD?! I'm convinced that every baseball player has a little bit of OCD except Coco Crisp and Nomar Garciapara, I've decided they have a more advanced case of it. When I would watch them I swear I could see them counting the number of times they did each thing in their heads. Granted a lot of the stuff is just a part of the players timing mechanism but I feel like it is, like I said, a little bit of OCD. After all OCD is repetitive behaviors among other repetitious things in which they have to do certain things to make the repetitious thoughts, behaviors, etc. go away, so it only makes sense... to me at least. And this is what happens when the Padres have a really boring game going on and go on to lose 5-1 which was done in the fourth inning. Hooray.

Record: 25-47

No comments:

Post a Comment