Sunday, July 1, 2012

Padres Take Two From the Rockies, I'll Take It

So far this game has been incredibly boring and the only thing that I have to even write about is the fact that Mark Grant said the word "sticky" and I immediately thought "sticky-icky". Then Masur said "power stroke" and I couldn't stop laughing just because of how wrong it sounded and typing it now made me think "vinegar stroke" if you don't get that one, watch the League. Way for having this be any kind of related to baseball.

On a series of unfortunate events for the Rockies, the Padres got two extra outs and a free run in for the first run of the game. This "intention to hit" shit is beginning to get annoying. What the hell are they supposed to do, stand there looking pretty?! That's my job. Four and a third innings into this game and I'm so ready to go back to bed. This series against the Rockies might have been one of the most boring series I have ever seen the teams play in Colorado. The previous two games were more or less blowout wins which just makes it fun for one teams fan base.

Because there is nothing worth writing about so far for this game I suppose I'll throw my two cents in on the Padres representative for the All Star game, Huston Street. This is his first All Star game and it makes me wonder if he would have made it with a different team or if the only reason he made it was because the Padres have to have someone there to represent the team. I'm sticking with the latter. The Padres default representative is always our closer. At this point I'd almost rather us not have anyone than have a default player.

Deno had a two out RBI to score Alexi from third, making it a 2-0 game in seven. In the next half inning Alexi showed why he should be an every day starter. I'd elaborate but people keep sending me gymnastics injury clips and stupid soccer player mishaps on twitter so that's where my attention has gone. Padres win 2-0 and take the series. On to Zona!!

Record: 30-50


No comments:

Post a Comment