Sunday, June 24, 2012

They Said This One Was for AK and They Pulled Through

Today started off with some sad news for the Padres family. Bullpen coach Darrel Akerfelds died this morning. Some of the players carried his jersey out to the bullpen and I about lost it. Honestly, I wouldn't have been able to place a face with the name but seeing how the Padres honored him would probably trigger tears for just about anyone... unless you're soulless. Anyway RIP AK.

Lets just get this out of the way, Volquez is starting, gross. There was nothing exciting going on until the fourth inning. The Padres loaded the bases with no outs in the fourth, shocking. I got excited that we had the bases loaded until I realized Cam was up. I really like him but he sucks right now and I have no faith in this at bat. If he doesn't bring in a run I don't think we will with the 8 and 9 batters up next. Cam lined one to the pitcher who literally saved his face with that catch. Aaaaand I was wrong, Alexi hit a ground rule double to bring in two, giving the Padres the 2-0 lead. That fourth inning was the only inning worth watching. I'm really beginning to get sick of this whole only scoring in one inning thing. The Padres take this one for AK and win 2-0.

Record: 26-47

No comments:

Post a Comment