Sunday, June 10, 2012

An Assclown + Baker + Shady Calls = A Stressful Loss

Well what do you know, Venable starts the game off right with a lead-off home run. That assdick Ryan Braun took away a home run from Chase Headley and I'm just glad I got to use a colorful name for Braun... haven't had the chance to all series. During the top of the second Baker reaches first on an error on the pitcher, putting runners at the corner for Everth, oy. An awkward play got Everth out but a run around to score so I'll take the 2-0 lead but whoever fielded that ball underestimated Alonso's slowness. I'm fairly confident that they would have easily been able to get Alonso out and save that run but it's ok, I like when the other team makes the stupid mistakes.

Dear Mark Grant,
A walk-off can only occur at home so your stating "a walk-off at home" is redundant and I shake my head at the fact that you used to be a professional player.
Signed,
You're annoying me, stop it.

The Padres had the 2-0 lead going into the bottom of the sixth and that's where the game went to shit. Baker's throw to get Aoki stealing second, flies into center to give Aoki third as well. Then the douche lord singled in Aokie to cut the Padres lead in half. Fan-fucking-tabulous. As if that wasn't bad enough the Brewers ended up hitting a three run home run that I believe Cam should have been able to catch if he was over to the right a tad bit more. The Padres who had the lead the majority of the game are now trailing 4-2. Cam misses another makeable play and decides to crush himself into the wall. Don't do that Cam!!

The Brewers take a 6-2 lead thanks to that fucktard hitting a two run shot... I'm over this "I didn't take steroids, I have herpes" guy. Can't we just drill the asshat instead of pitching to him?? It only makes sense. Not even halfway into the season and we have seen every one of the guys we got in that trade. Only two have I been any kind of "excited" for and of course they are the ones we had in the minors. Naturally I'm going to be excited for them to make their major league debut but I'm still not excited we have them... unless they impress me and don't piss me off to begin with like Alonso and Volquez did. The Padres load the bases with one out in the ninth with who is apparently the Brewers version of Cashner. Ya know the pitcher that throws 100+ and still manages to load the bases. Chase with a base hit to score Deno and the bases are still loaded with Quentin up to bat. Time to cross your fingers and pray to the baseball gods and any and all other gods.

Yep, this pitcher is the Cashner of the Brewers and he walked in a run to make it a 6-4 game. Alonso strikes out on a bad call and now it's up to Guzman to do something amazing for us. Fortunately he didn't need to do anything as he was walked and another run came around to score. Now all our hope rests on Baker, oy. The Padres lose 6-5 and I blame it on the assclown, Baker and some shady calls by the umpires in the ninth.

Record: 20-41

4 comments:

  1. Hard to blame Baker; fringe catchers are fringe catchers because they cannot hit. But he froze on the curve which is confusing. Was he thinking fastball after Veras had shown he could not throw it for strikes? But a nice comeback. The other goat in that comeback for naught was Cabrera. He struck out without really seeing any strikes. Though Joyce called a high strike in the second pitch, he did not have to keep swinging at even higher pitches. If he lets Axford walk him, I think we pull that out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I blamed Baker I was speaking more along his defensive miscue earlier in the game to give Aoki third. I have learned to never expect the Padres to do anything but make outs when the bases are loaded. Personally I don't like Cabrera. He does have his moments but it seems that more often than not he does exactly what you said, strikes out without seeing strikes. I was amazed that we even got any runs around with the bases loaded so I can't be too mad that we lost, though if we are going to lose I'd prefer a blow out... it's less disappointing for me.

      Delete
    2. One nice thing about Cabrera is that he is not this season's version of Bartlett. Yes, blow outs are easier, like a really bad horror movie where the characters do stupid things, like walk into a dark basement after two friends have been slaughtered. You think, "I am not going to invest in hoping for these idiots." But a good horror movie, like a close loss, gets you hoping but then rips your heart out.

      Delete
    3. Haha exactly!! My heart's still recovering from the 2010 season which was still trying to recover from the game 163 season...

      Delete