Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Lets Never Do That Again, Please

The Padres score first on a bloop single by Chase in the top of the third and as far as I'm concerned the game can end now. Deno triples in the fourth but that's as far as that inning went. Somehow the Mariners tied the game which most likely means this game will go into extras and it's of course one of the only days that I don't want to watch bonus baseball. Somehow the Padres scored two more runs and are winning 3-1... I'm missing everything thanks to this bad mood. As with the theme of the night I missed how the other two runs came around to score to give us a 5-1 lead with one out in the sixth. I'm kind of bummed that the Padres are actually having a good game and I'm not even able to enjoy it or write a decent post about it. Thatcher comes into the ninth and the wheels start to come off, first with a home run then with a double. The Padres lead is now 5-2 and Street comes in to get the save. Personally I would have put Street in to begin with, I don't care if it wasn't a save situation then or not. Thatchers runner came around to score in a single making it a 5-3 game. Are we seriously going to blow this game?! Another run comes around to score to make it 5-4 then we FINALLY get the last out and end up winning. Lets never do that again, please. Padres win 5-4.

Record: 21-41

1 comment:

  1. I figure it was some karma for not getting the win in Milwaukee. And Hundley needs to learn how to use his body to block bad pitches. I have seen him miss his backhanded picks too many times. And, gritty win given that Street was a bit off. He was missing with his slider, that seems to be his money pitch.

    ReplyDelete