Monday, June 25, 2012

Well Wasn't That Fantastical?!

Fair warning, I'm multitasking right now. Two pitches into the Astros half of the first and the Padres already give up a home run. Please tell me that's going to be the only home run we give up today. Apparently not, as we allowed Carlos Lee to hit solo shot as well. With the way this game is starting I sure am glad I'm multitasking this game with the Reds Brewers game... don't mind me if I start writing about Latos' start instead of our game. The Padres got one run back in the top of the second but my multitasking skills were failing me so I don't know how we got it back. Nick stepped up and hit a two run double to give the Padres a 3-2 lead. I know it's still early but where has this Nick been hiding?! Deno added on to the Padres lead with an RBI single to score Nick and make it a 4-2 game. Whenever the Padres score more than a run or two in a game I get worried that that will be all the runs we get during the series. It's a very legit concern.

The Astros got one of those runs back in the bottom of the second and once again my multitasking failed me. Not my fault Latos is killing it for the Reds tonight. Okay maybe it is, I sent some good juju his way... well as much juju as positive thoughts send. Logan doubled in a run in the top of the third and this is going to be one of those "please don't let this be all the runs we get this series" series, Padres lead 5-3. I clearly can't be counted on to write a decent post when I'm watching more than one game because the Astros scored again and I couldn't tell you how. Yeah the Astros tied it but I was a little busy watching Latos throw a complete game while setting a career high 13K's and being pissed that he's not with us anymore, sorry. I also don't know how the Astros took the lead back due to the excitement running over from the Reds game, that was played more like a Padres game than a Reds game. I find that funny because this Padres game is being played more like a Reds game than a Padres game except of course the Padres are on the losing end of both those scenarios... usually. Guzman with the two run shot in the top of the eighth to give the Padres back the lead. If we pull this off, today will have been a fantastical day of baseball for me.

They gave up a solo shoot to Castro to tie the game at 7-7 after eight, this is going to be a long game... enter extra innings. Okay so it wasn't as long as I thought since Quentin doubled to score Chase and the Padres took the lead back for what seems to be the millionth time this game. The Padres win it in 10 by a score of 8-7. Suck it Stros!!

Record: 27-47

No comments:

Post a Comment