Friday, June 1, 2012

At Least We Have the San Diego Chicken...

If you were living under a rock and this is the first thing you found, I'm sorry. At least it means that you don't know that Johan Santana threw the first no hitter in Mets history, officially making the Padres the lamest/unluckiest team in all of baseball. We now are the only team in all of the land to not throw a no hitter. If we haven't thrown a no hitter than that means we most definitely haven't thrown a perfect game either and we all know about my theory on the cycle being nothing more than a myth. I suppose I should consider perfect games and no hitters myths as well. Not only have we never done any of those but we have also never won a World Series. So Cubs fans, shut the fuck up and quit your bitching that it's been 100+ years since you've done it, at least you've done it.

Two innings into the game and the chance for a no hitter/perfect game was over before I even had the chance to wish for either. By the third inning the D-Bags, I mean D-Backs, took a 1-0 lead. My boy Alexi tripled in the third, which was quite exciting to watch and even more exciting when he came around to score, tying the game at 1. Yay, Team Fun Size. Things lost excitement until the top of the eighth when Cashner nearly drilled Young. Needless to say Young was not thrilled with it and once he got to first, let his opinion be known so much so that Alonso had to hold him back and the benches cleared. There was no brawl  and I was disappointed but you knew Young was going to get his 'revenge' by stealing second. He tried and failed... SUCKA!! To channel Kenny Powers, You're fucking out!!

Team Fun Size bunted for a base hit to start the momentum in the Padres half of the eighth after Everth got out... again. Guzman came in to pinch hit and crushed a 2 run shot to put the Padres up 3-1 followed promptly by a Deno single. Cam got in on the hit parade and tripled in Deno making it a 4-1 game and probably the most excited I've been to watch a game in a long time. Alonso walked followed by a Quentin single to make it 5-1 Padres with one out in the bottom of the eighth. The Padres pinch ran for Quentin which is baffling considering Alonso was on second. How about if you're going to pinch run for someone you make sure you don't have someone slow for them to run behind, just a thought. Chase was walked to load the bases and Nick singled in two runs because Upton is having issues in right and I can't stop laughing. Okay, they didn't give him a single, they gave Upton an error but I don't care, Nick finally got a damn hit. Everyone got a hit in that inning except Everth and you wonder why I don't like him. As much as I love all this scoring, I would like for some of them to be saved for tomorrows game. Padres win 7-1 and I'd like to personally thank Chris Young for being a douche bag and setting a fire under the Padres asses.

Record: 18-35

No comments:

Post a Comment