Monday, June 18, 2012

UGH, Texas

I was going to apologize for the whole not posting the A's series thing but to be honest, I'm not sorry. I wasn't home to watch the first two games of the series and was busy all day yesterday too. Plus I haven't really been that into writing this lately. I feel like it has become more of an obligation than it is fun now, though I doubt people actually read this or care. Anyway my mini hiatus has slightly refreshed my love for baseball so hopefully that means I will be able to write a normal sarcastically comical post about tonight's game like I did when I first started this thing.

Much like expected, the Rangers score first in the first putting the Padres in a position to try and climb their way out of a 2-0 deficit. Chase gives us a run back with an RBI double but we failed to bring anymore around AND we had no outs to work with. It's the top of the fifth and I've realized that I shouldn't have watched the Reds Indians runfest because by this point in that game it was tied 7-7 and now I'm just really sad and bored that his game is only 2-1. That game went on to end 10-9... this game, chances are, will end right where it is now. The Padres have the bases loaded in the bottom of the sixth with two outs and they bring in Alonso to pinch-hit... are you trying to lose?! As I figured, Alonso made the finally out but instead of hitting a line drive to first he had some swinging bunt thing with a slide that had the most awkward dive into I have ever seen... it was Shamu-esque. Mike Adams makes an appearance in the eighth to give up a hit to Chase, recorded two outs before hitting Everth to bring Kotsay up to bat. Adams won that battle and I'm not happy with it. I didn't care too much for him when he was with us and I care even less for him now. The Padres threaten in the bottom of the ninth with two on, two outs and Chase up to bat. The fate of this game rests on his shoulders... his shoulders gave out. 


The one highlight of this game to this point, Marquis getting his 1,000th strikeout. Pretty sure I was being a fatty and getting food when it happened so I don't remember what inning this happened in but still, good job dude. Another good job, 9 K's through 6 innings. The Padres lose 2-1 and that was without Hamilton playing.


Record: 24-44

No comments:

Post a Comment