Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The Padres Are Nothing More Than a Giant Tease

So I missed the first couple innings of the game because I was having a beach day with my birthday twin but we finally made our way to a sports bar and had to ask them to turn the game on. Once the game was on I noticed the Padres had the bases loaded and wondered how the hell that was possible. We, of course, didn't score. No big deal, the game was still early and tied 0-0, now to see how this Wells guy does... I don't like him. I'm not any kind of okay with him and his whole "I don't know how to throw first pitch strikes" bullshit. Will hit a solo home run that was pretty obvious to us was a no doubter but from the looks of how he was rounding the bases he didn't seem to think it was and neither did the umps until Black came out and they went back to review it. The Padres lead didn't last long as one of the Astros hit a solo home run to tie it.

Apparently between the time we left the sports bar and the time I got home, the Astros scored four more runs and I found out they optioned Parrino. They need to speak to me before these things because Parrino is not one of the players I would have optioned especially after that play he made last night. However, I about had a mini panic attack when I was informed he got optioned. For some reason, maybe the exposure to the sun, made me think that option meant released and I had a mini panic attack before I remembered that optioned isn't a terrible thing. Yeah, I'd rather him be up with the Padres than in AAA but with talks of Chase possibly being traded, I don't think it's going to be long before he gets brought back up and worked in with Logan, Everth and Alexi. When I got home they apparently decided to pinch hit Chase for Kotsay which didn't make any kind of sense to me. I figured if they were going to pinch hit for Kotsay that it would have been Guzman or Alonso so that one of them would take over first without wasting a player. Turns out, Chase plays first as well. It is one of the weirdest things ever knowing that he's playing first. I don't think I have ever seen him there or knew he knew how to play there. Can you guys stop weirding me out by doing stuff like that?? Thanks. Chase drove in two on an RBI single to make it a 5-3 game with the tying run up to bat with two outs in the ninth. Baker singled to move Chase to third and now this game rest on Everth's shoulders... I don't like this. Everth got hit and now the bases are loaded with everything coming down to Team Fun Size. Again, I don't really like this. I like watching Alexi but I don't feel like he is going to be able to get that key hit we need, though he did pull through the other day. He didn't pull through and the Padres lose 5-3. This loss is almost as bad as losing to the Cubs.

Record: 27-48

No comments:

Post a Comment