Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Oh Gross, Volquez Is Pitching

That was my first thought when I turned on the game. My second thought "Given it's a Volquez start, I'm really hoping for the Josh Hamilton show tonight". It would make me feel a lot better if we did get the Josh Hamilton show against Volquez than if it were against any other starter. He is just a fun guy to watch play and I just really don't like Volquez, as you should all know by now. I'm enjoying having Brad Ausmus in the booth tonight and hearing what Baker has to say during his little in game interview but I'm not enjoying this whole showing him thing. It's pissing me off about as much as it does when they cut to Leila or Sweeney. I don't need to see them, thanks. I really wish we could have Ausmus in the booth all the time. For once this season I wasn't bored to death by Grant and Enberg.

Volquez is doing his best to ensure my hatred of him by walking the bases loaded in the second. Can you stop doing that, you dumbfuck?! Luckily, we managed to get a pretty fantastical DP to get out of the inning AND one of the Rangers pulled his hamstring... that's my unprofessional trainers opinion. Well look who got a hit tonight, Hundley. Not only did he get a hit but it scored a run and the Padres have the 1-0 lead in the bottom of the second. Sweet deal, bro. The Rangers have two on, one out and Hamilton up to bat... let the games begin!! Hamilton triples and the Padres now trail 2-1. Hamilton scores on a fly ball out to Will to make it 3-1 Rangers. Will's throw beat him to the plate, which was a much better throw than I thought, but it was on the first base side so the fact that his throw was decent doesn't really matter.

As per usual, Volquez is sucking it up tonight and the Rangers have taken a 5-1 lead in the sixth. The Padres give up another run, thanks to the Rangers pitcher. Yeah, you read that right, the Rangers pitcher got the RBI for that. PADRES FAIL. Alonso hit into what should have been an inning ending double play but got lucky with a terrible throw to first to pull their 1B off the bag and an awkward "I'll beat you to the bag" run/stretch thingy that brought Cam in from third to make it 6-2 Rangers. Beltre hits a home run in the seventh extending the lead and making me want this game to end. I wanted it to be the Josh Hamilton show, not the Adrian Beltre show. Baker with a pinch hit single to score Nick and make it a 7-3 game, which would become the final.

Oh and here's this for funsies.
Blame Ausmus for this... the whole him being with the Padres in the 90's made me think of my all time favorite which lead me to this video.

Record: 24-45

No comments:

Post a Comment