Thursday, June 7, 2012

Welcome to Padres Baseball, Marquis

Jason Marquis is learning fast how Padres baseball works. One out into the game and the Giants already have the 1-0 lead with runners on first and second, I hate you Buster Posey. Brandon Belt knocked in another Giants run on a double putting them up 2-0 with runners now on second and third... awesome. My amazing ability of having the attention span of a 2 year old allowed me to catch the middle of the probable starters for the weekend series and Casher gets the start on Saturday because Stults strained his latissimus dorsi. At this rate the Padres are not only going to need to sign numerous players but they will also need to sign me to help fix  the gazillion and one players that are on the DL.

Theroit brings around Blanco in the second giving them a 3-0 lead. As if I didn't hate Posey enough, he hit a home run in the third and I'm REALLY hoping he breaks a leg... again. So far the only thing I'm liking about Marquis is that he is a pitcher that can hit. Pagan HAS to be credited with an error on Cam's double. There is no way a professional player shouldn't have been able to catch that, it was right there. I don't care if errors are the only way we get on, I will take it!! Another error, well what I'm calling an error at least, takes away the shutout as Marquis comes around to score. Chase nearly misses a home run by about a couple feet BUT it brought around two so I'm happy. Padres now trail 4-3 going into the fourth. During the bottom of the sixth the Padres loaded the bases with no outs and my theory gets put into test once again. It took two men to get us out of the inning and according to theory, we will lose this game.

Pagan hit a two run shot to give them a 6-3 lead in the seventh. There is still plenty of time for my boys to come back but after that whole not scoring with bases loaded thing, I'm not getting my hopes up. Aaaaaand the Giants continue to hit home runs further proving that we need to move the fences in...
The Padres once again load the bases, this time in the bottom of the eighth and are given a second chance to prove my theory. Unfortunately they didn't do shit with this opportunity either, further solidifying my theory. Belt knocks in another run to give the Giants a 8-3 lead and I'm more than ready for this game to be over. I seriously feel like I have been watching this game since 10am... I'm missing valuable tanning time here. In the bottom of the ninth the Padres loaded the bases for the third time and for the third time, they failed miserably. Oh how I just love this team. Padres lose 8-3 and now I can go tan.

Record: 19-38

No comments:

Post a Comment