Wednesday, June 6, 2012

I Still Got It

If you're wondering what "it" is that I still have, it's the ability to make the Giants lose. Now usually this ability is enhanced because Zito is typically the starter for the Giants when I go and I'm able to eye fuck the shit out of him, obviously weakening him to the point where the Padres take full advantage.

The game started off fantabulously with a Quentin solo shot off Licksumcum in the second giving the Padres the early 1-0 lead which we would keep for some time. Everth had an RBI single to score Chase and make it 2-0 Padres at which point I decided I liked this Licksumcum. Then the Giants got a call as their 3B wasn't on the bag but Logan still got called out... well at least from my vantage point he wasn't on the bag. Everything would be alright when Cam doubled in two runs giving us a 4-0 lead against Licksumcum. The Giants got a run back in the third and the fans behind us were pissing me the fuck off. By their reaction to that one run, you would have thought they just won the game. Calm down bro, you scored one run... check the scoreboard. There were only like four that were doing all of the yelling but they were under the overhang so it sounded like 40.

By that point we had left our seats to go meet with the rest of our twitter family where we remained the rest of the game. During this meet up somehow the fuckbags got a 5-4 lead. Clearly I'm wasn't any kind of happy that we were losing and being around all the crazy wasn't helping either. Little did I know it wasn't going to take long before I was happy again. At one point some dumbfuck ran on the field and we ran to a railing to watch but that's not what I was referring too when I said I would be happy again. I was referring to Quentin crushing another solo shot, this time to dead center to tie the game in the eighth. After that happened we began to mentally prepare ourselves for extra innings. Street came in to pitch the ninth and channeled Heath for a little bit but luckily we got out of the inning unscathed. Enter Logan in the bottom of the ninth. We are still perched in the same placed we had been in since the fourth inning and are thinking this game is going into extras. The next thing we know Logan absolutely murdered the ball to give the Padres the 6-5 win in walk-off style.

I love how Giants fans get all butt hurt when they lose to us and automatically revert to "Oh yeah, well where's your World Series ring??". No "good game" or anything like that. So from now on I think as Padres fans we should channel good old Rafiki and just yell "IT'S IN THE PAST" then point to the scoreboard but knowing Giants fans, they will probably just point out that the Padres are the worst team in baseball. That's when I would point out that they just lost to the worst team in baseball but ya know, that's just me.

Record: 19-37

No comments:

Post a Comment