Sunday, September 30, 2012

Last Home Game of the Season and I'm Left With Sad Puppy Dog Eyes

Welp, it's the last home game of the season and we are forced to sit through Volquez vs Lincecum. Two pitchers who favor the walks this season, I'm so not okay with that and it makes me glad I'm not at the game today. Holy shit, the Giants already scored and the game hasn't even been on for 10 minutes. What the hell?! I guess I miss these things when I'm busy tweeting about the attractiveness that is Philip Rivers. Sorry but that is an important topic. UGH Volquez sucks ass and walked Lincecum to load the bases. Seriously?! I'm not going to miss him this off season. Thank God, Volquez managed to strike out the next batter and save us from going ape shit on him.

Cabrera is stealing bases like it's nobody's business today. Logan just murdered a two run home run to give the Padres the 2-1 lead in the third. Thank you!! Now let's not fuck up the lead. Volquez, I'm talking to you. Holy shit, I thought for sure we just blew the lead but by the grace of the baseball gods, we got the run out at home. UGH Volquez just walked Lincecum again to load the bases. STOP IT!! Hey Padres, I could walk Lincecum for A LOT cheaper, just saying. Okay, I can walk any player for A LOT cheaper than Volquez. PS. Fuck you very much, Volquez for tying the game on a bases loaded walk. A swinging bunt luckily went our way to end the inning and I'm feeling ridiculously bipolar right now. Can the baseball gods stop fucking with my emotions today?? Either keep us in your good graces or don't, I can't handle the back and forth today.

After Yasmani gets the final out like a G in the Giants half of the inning, he kicks off the Padres half with a solo shot to give us our lead back. I love you, Yasmani. The Padres let Volquez come back into the game, throw another ball then pull him. What the hell was the point of that?! You knew he was hurt which is why you had the assistant trainer come out to begin with during the last inning. Don't be dumb. YES!! 4-2 Padres in the fifth on Cabrera steals and a throwing error. Like I said Cabrera is stealing bases today like it's nobody's business. His stealing ability is the only reason I don't completely hate him. Jesus, Chase starts off the sixth with a home run of his own and takes over the NL RBI lead again and make it a 5-2 game. Clearly, these boys want to put on a show for the final home game.

The Padres put Luke in for the eighth and after a walk and a single they pull him... for Thatcher. Seriously?! You're putting Thatcher in?! God help us. Hey Thatcher, you're supposed to prevent runs from scoring. 5-3 Padres. Umm I think it's time to pull Thatcher given that the Giants just loaded the bases and still have no outs. So Black pulls Thatcher AFTER he allows another run to score, 5-4 Padres. Great move, Buddy, great move. So it's clear that everyone except the pitching staff is wanting to put on a show for the final home game. Holy shit, I about had a heart attack with Pablo's at bat. That man scares me no matter what but the fact that there were two on with two outs, holy fuck. Thank God Thayer was able to get him out and my little heart can relax again. Well at least until the top of the ninth. Logan came close to hitting his second home run of the day and that was the most excitement for the Padres half of the eighth.

Only one more (half) inning until baseball in San Diego is officially over for the season. This makes me extremely sad but luckily I have a few more days before the season ends. It's up to Huston to close out this game and I'm still concerned about his balls. Aww fuck, Nady just homered off Street to tie the game at five. I'm taking that as payback for Cam robbing him yesterday. Shit!! Street just gave up another home run, this time of the two run variety and now it's 7-5 Giants. Like I stated earlier, it's clear everyone except the pitching staff is wanting to put on a show... well a positive show. Unfortunately the Giants won this one 7-5 and I'm left sitting here with sad puppy dog eyes. Thank you Padres for making me waste a beautiful San Diego day. Can we pull out some wins in Milwaukee?? Please??

Record: 75-84

No comments:

Post a Comment