Saturday, September 1, 2012

The Padres Lose As I Sit In a Silent Rage

As per usual with a Volquez start, I'm pissed off. First inning and he allows the Rockies to score to give them the early 1-0 lead. I'm hoping our offense is here again today because I can't stand watching the Rockies win and I think that stems back to game 163. With two outs the Padres get back to back hits, putting runners at the corner and Alexi up. Please, Alexi, jack one. Yeah, he didn't jack one. Grrr. Welp, the Rockies extend their lead to two on that jack that I wanted Alexi to have. Fucking Volquez. Two more Rockies come around to score in the fifth inning and I have reached the point of being so annoyed that we have Volquez that I no longer yell at him but sit here in a silent rage. Aaaand now it's 5-0 Rockies in the fifth with runners at the corners and two outs. Pretty sure you should have taken Volquez out after the fourth run was scored. Luckily the Padres got out of the inning by preventing a double steal.

To start off the sixth inning, Will hit a solo home run to give me hope that we can come back from this. I mean no lead is safe in Coors Field but you know how the Padres can be. Gross, in the eighth inning the Rockies pinch hit Giambi. His arms gross me the fuck out. The Rockies now have the bases loaded with one out thanks to Cabrera just missing the ball to get out Giambi's steroided ass. Aaaaan the Rockies just hit a grand slam to make it 9-1. GOD DAMMIT, LIZARD MAN!! Welp, the Padres soooooo didn't come back from that. Not exactly sure where the offense went for us tonight but I'm keeping my fingers crossed it makes its way back to us tomorrow.

Record: 62-72

No comments:

Post a Comment