Saturday, September 15, 2012

Hang a Star on That One

Happy Jerry Coleman day!! The Padres honored Jerry Coleman today and the only thing I could think is "I'm seriously concerned for Jerry Coleman's health right now. A man his age should not be in a suit on the field in 100 degree weather". I was in no way saying that to be mean. Seriously, I felt like I was going to get heat stroke in a tank top and a skirt when I went out for 10 minutes earlier and I'm probably a quarter of his age. They showed Tony hanging the star and it made me wonder how long he has been wanting to do that for. I feel like it's been a very long time. After all, he did pretty much get to see that all the time as a player so I bet it must have been pretty cool for him to do that.

Casey is looking good through the first two innings and I hope he has a repeat of his debut. To kick off the scoring in the second, Parrino should have been out  but the Rockies fielders decided to tackle each other and jar the ball loose allowing Cam to score and Parrino to make it to second. The Rockies do realize they aren't supposed to knock the ball out of each others gloves right?? The Padres take the early 1-0 lead.

Guzman drives in three on a home run to make it a 4-0 game in the third. Oh and did I mention, it was a two out three run home run?? No?? Well it was. Deno got drilled in the wrist during the fourth inning but apparently is fine as he's still chilling at first. The Rockies finally get to Casey in the seventh to make it 4-1 with runners on second and third with no outs. Yikes. Come on Casey, get through this inning. Or let another run come around to score and still not record an out... 4-2 Padres. Brach comes in and another run comes around to score then a throwing error moves the runner into scoring positions, 4-3 Padres and I want this game to end now. Alonso makes an amazing snowball catch on a failed bunt attempt. Like seriously, I was very impressed that he was capable of coming in that fast. I think that was more impressive than the actual snowball catch. OH, DOCTOR HANG A STAR ON THAT ONE!! Of course Luke ended the game on a star worthy play. The Padres win 4-3 and I don't think the game could have ended any better for Jerry Coleman day.

Record: 70-76

No comments:

Post a Comment