Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Extra Innings: The Padres Revenge

Well, Deno started tonight off right, first pitch = home run... off Kershaw. I love that Tony just said the pick off at third is a play we don't see often, that's the second time I've seen that play today. FUCK, the twat waffle supreme, Ethier just tied the game with a home run of his own. Go away, Ethier, no one likes you besides the equally twatty Dodger fans. However, he was tolerable when his walk up song was Forgot About Dre. And by tolerable I mean I'd be too busy singing the song than to get mad when he drove in a run or a million.

The game is still tied 1-1 heading into the sixth and I can't even begin to comprehend just how boring this one is. Adrian doubled in the sixth to left and if Quentin would have hustled a little to get to the ball there is no doubt in my mind we would have been able to get that slow fuck out. Of course we get Adrian in a rundown and prevent the runners from moving up. Adrian is so not the guy you want in a rundown if you're the Dodgers. Now the twat waffle supreme is up with one out and runners on first and second... he got out, yes!! And this happened....
So it is written, so shall it be done... 


I find it sad that the attempt to get #TWS to trend is the most exciting thing going on during the game. At some point we put Thayer in and now the Dodgers have runners at second and third with one out and Victorino up. Like I tweeted earlier, I can't hate Victorino because of his walk up song (Welcome to Jamrock) however, I can strongly dislike him. Oh Jesus, a run scores to put the Dodgers up 2-1 and we get Victorino in a rundown only to not make ANY outs because NO ONE was covering second. Whoever didn't cover second when they were supposed to, you're fired. So apparently an out fielder should have covered second there. I feel like maybe Thayer should have tried instead of standing there all "which way  did he go, George". Oh did I mention, the Dodgers scored again so now it's 3-1 Dodgers. Yeah.


On one swing, Yasmani ties the game up at 3 in the top half of the eighth. I love me some Yasmani in case you guys hadn't already figured that out. FSSD just replayed the double steal of home against the Dodgers earlier this season and it made my little baseball heart so happy to see that again. Muahhahaha the twat waffle supreme was shut down again to make out number two for the Dodgers half of the eighth. I'm seriously amazed every time Abreu comes in to bat. I feel like he is at least a million years old. And onto extras we will go... again.

It was an uneventful tenth if you don't count Layne striking out the side... onto the eleventh we will go!! Cam singles, Everth bunts and ends up with Cam and Everth at second and third with no outs. Lets do work boys!! Alexi grounds out and the runners can't advanced but we still have two outs to try as I channel the Little Engine That Could, "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can", for the Padres. The Dodgers walked Will to load the bases with Logan up. "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can". Dear Padres, double steal home again, please and thank you. Logan drove in two on a single to make it 5-3 Padres. So it's not a double steal of home but it produced the same thing. It's time for Chase to be a badass again with runners at the corners and still one out. Chase drives in another run to make it 6-3 still leaving runners at the corners and one out. Quentin strikes out but we still have runners at the corner and Yasmani up. He jacked one earlier so why not jack another one?? Sadly, Yasmani struck out to end the inning but it's all good because we've got that three run lead I'm loving so much. Luke gets the twat waffle supreme to fly out for the first out of the bottom half of the inning. Two more and we are good to start a new win streak. Ground ball to Logan and now Luke just needs to make a few more quality pitches and I will be a very happy girl. Dammit, Luke walked the batter and now has to face one more than necessary. Luke gets out Punto, or if you're me, Puto, and the Padres win 6-3 in eleven.

Record: 63-74

No comments:

Post a Comment