Sunday, September 9, 2012

Suck It MLB, the Padres Possess the NL RBI Leader

Happy football Sunday, just kidding, it's still baseball time so football can suck it. I spent a whole hour "watching" football while trying to wake up. Pretty sure I saw maybe two or three plays the entire time and couldn't wait for the Padres game to start...

FSSD is having some kind of technical difficulties and it's making the audio sound like I'm listening to a game in the John Dillinger days. Think that scene in Public Enemies where Johnny Depp is going through one of the jails, I believe, and the guards are sitting there listening to the game on a radio. That scene was totally a huge error because with the time of year that was supposed to be taking place in the two teams wouldn't have been playing each other. I believe it was the Cubs and Yankees. I don't remember, go watch it and you'll find the error. Aww boo!! They fixed the technical difficulties. I liked it in the broken way it was.

Cam kicks off the scoring in the second inning with a double to drive in Quentin. Parrino scores Guzman on a sac fly as well as moving Cam to third to give the Padres the 2-0 lead. Fingers crossed we can hold onto the lead this game. The D-Backs cut the lead in half and Guzman saved the game from being tied. I'm a fucking zombie right now so I don't even know how any of these runners got on much less how they scored. If you don't believe that I'm a fucking zombie right now, I managed to miss the entire Padres half of the third and I never got off the couch. Yeah and I just missed the entire bottom half of the Padres fourth too. What the fuck, am I falling asleep with my eyes open or something?! Seriously, how am I only managing to catch the D-Backs half of the innings??

Padres half of the fifth is the first half inning of theirs I've seen since the second. Parrino legged out a base hit then managed to get doubled up because Eaton had one of the nicest throws from center to first I think I have ever seen. So I pause the game to go take a shower and wake myself up and I see the twitter exploding with grand slam tweets. I just started the bottom half of the sixth with Deno's home run. Fuck the twitter. Padres lead 3-1 now. Sweet deal. With Logan and Quentin on first and second, the D-Backs make a pitching change and the Padres toss up Alonso. Alonso flies out to make the second out of the inning. Totally thought this was the point of the game where the grand slam was going to be hit because I didn't pay attention to the line up at all.

Alright, Padres half of the seventh up now and I know there's a Chase grand slam coming up in this inning to give him the NL lead in RBI like a boss. With one out and a walk recorded to start this inning we put Yasmani in to pinch hit. My boy strikes out which just means Chase's slam will be even more epic because it will have been done with two outs. Have I mentioned how much I love this team?! Deno gets on and Logan gets walked but you guys already knew that. HOLY SHIT BALLS, you knew based off the sound the ball made off the bat that that ball was gonzo. That slam puts the Padres up 7-1 and a Quentin jack puts the Padres up 8-1 in the seventh. The D-Backs score on in the ninth but I laugh because we still won 8-2, took the series and are in possession of the NL RBI leader.

Record: 66-75

No comments:

Post a Comment