Sunday, September 9, 2012

The Padres Lost but Thank God For Last Minute Plans

Thank God, it's Padres time. I spent too much time today earning points on my girl card. Seriously, I got my nails done and spent the last half hour or so looking at/doing Britney Spears choreography and wishing I took a random dance class. I need a wall of mirrors for this shit.

Once again, Tony is in the booth, I love having him in there and hearing his insight. I always feel like I learn something new when he's there. Oh no!! Casey Kelly starts off the game giving up a two run home run. I liked him better when he didn't give up any runs. Maybe he needs his dad and brother at all of his games. Fortunately for Kelly, he managed to get out of the rest of the inning without causing anymore harm and we have been on fire offensively so there is still hope for a Padres win. The Padres kick off their half of the first with back to back singles. The Padres tie the game up at 2 with a Guzman bases clearing double. I love this team!! I can only imagine that we would be the front runners of the playoff race had we had this chemistry working all season.

Sadly the D-Backs take back the lead in the second and it looks to be one of THOSE games. Ah, crap. Kelly gives up another home run to make it 4-2 D-Backs in the third. Stop it, Casey!! AND ANOTHER home run to make it 5-3. Dude, Casey, stop it. Seriously. Welp, finally Black pulls Kelly after two and a third innings with runners at the corners. Poor kid but at least he's getting the experience. Black replaced Kelly with Lizard Man and he gets the second out in one pitch. Please tell me he is going to pitch like that the rest of the time he's in. Shit on a stick!! Another run scores and Upton tried to be a greedy bastard and score yet another run but gets thrown out at the plate, D-backs now winning 6-2. Clearly, I was wrong about it being one of THOSE games. For those who haven't figured it out, I was referring to the back and forth games.

The Padres kick off their half of the third with two walks. Good start, now lets score some runs and get back into this game!! ARGH, we couldn't do anything with those walks and now I'm sad, sleepy and sad. YIKES!! Logan got some spikes to the shin as he got taken out at second trying to make the inning ending double play. NO HURTING LOGAN, you fuckbags!! I can't even lie, there's a part of me that wanted to see the cleats stuck in Logan's leg. I'm glad they weren't but still that would have been kinda cool looking. Lizard Man was asked to bunt and didn't do shit with it. If you didn't know he was a pitcher, you could have easily figured it out by his stance. It was horrific. Like seriously, I think my stance is better than his and lately mine has been looking a little stripper-esque. And the Padres are chipping away at the lead with a Logan two  out, two run homer to say "Fuck your cleats, bro" ahahaha, I love it!!

Ah, fuck, not another D-Backs home run?! Gaw, can we stop doing that?! Every time we get closer to coming back, the fuckbags from the desert extend their lead. My boy Parrino enters the game looking like he rushed out of the clubhouse with half his jersey unbuttoned. Either that or he's trying to get my attention to meet him after the game. Ha, I kid. With Parrino's single, the Padres have runners at first and second with one out and Deno up. Lets crush one, Deno, show us why we extended you. Deno singles in Cam and the Padres are once again down by two. It looked as if Logan was about to drive in another run but the D-Backs 2B had a fantastical catch to prevent that from happening. Despite the fact that the Padres are losing, this game has been very enjoyable because Tony has his sassy pants on tonight and I'm absolutely loving it. Oh whoa, somehow the D-Backs scored again. Sorry last minute plans to go out tonight are happening. Apparently from what the tv said at the bars I just got back from, the Padres lost 8-5. Super disappointing but it's all good, new game tomorrow... err later today.

Record: 65-75

No comments:

Post a Comment