Monday, September 10, 2012

SD Sports Overload Complete With a Double Cycle Watch

I know this is a Padres blog BUT you will have to put up with some Chargers tonight since someone decided it would be smart to put the Chargers on the late game for MNF. Even though my priorities lay with baseball, as was proven when I realized I was the only person wearing a baseball shirt in a sea of football jerseys on campus today, I will be watching the Chargers game as well. I'm going to be on SD overload. The Padres trying to play spoilers AND the Chargers playing the Raiders. My mind is going to explode with San Diego goodness... or mediocrity.

My boy Logan kicks off the game with a one out triple. I love triples, they are so much fun to watch. I'd hate to be the one getting the triple but still triples are one of my favorite things. The Cards walked Chase and a wild pitch causes him to take second putting runners and second and third with one out for Quentin. Quentin walks and now the Padres have the bases loaded for Yasmani. If this Cards pitcher can't located anything, he's not going to last much longer in this game. Yasmani struck out and so did Alonso. What a waste!!

Dammit!! I turned the Chargers on as the main game and now the Cards are winning 2-0. What the fuck?! Logan ties up the game in the second with a two run double and that makes me feel so much better. I don't enjoy losing to the Cards. Also, I don't enjoy the Chargers losing to the Raiders already. Step it up guys!! Cam puts us up by two with a two run shot and I love it!! Oh yeah, the Chargers tied it. Chargers scored a TD and shortly after the Padres drove in yet another run to make it 5-2 Padres and 10-3 Chargers. Alonso drives in Guzman and advances Yasmani  to third with a single and now we are winning 6-2. Also I'm watching the Reds game because they can't fucking end this extra innings so I'm on sports overload right now.

Totally just yelled at the Reds game to hurry up and end because I have other games to focus on too... they are on their way to the 13th inning, fuckers. The Chargers are about to go into halftime and fucking Holliday actually touched the plate when he scored this time, Padres lead 6-3 in the sixth. So we took Stults out and put Vincent in and he hits Freese, not okay. Logan starts off the bottom half of the sixth with a single which means all he needs is a home run and we will FINALLY have cycle.

At this point in time, I have been watching baseball for over 5 hours, 7 if you break it up per game. Five+ for the Reds and 2+ for the Padres. Chargers add on 3 to make it 13-3 and the Padres are still sitting on a 6-3 game. GROSS!! The Cards have the bases loaded for that fucker Holliday in the seventh with one out. I'd like to order a double play here. Umm totally called that double play. Suck it. Somewhere between the Padres getting out of a mess and the Reds finally winning, the Raiders added on 3 and so did the Chargers to make it a 16-6 game?? Yeah, I'm super glad I've got the Padres game as the main game. Cam scores on someone's single to make it 7-3 Padres, there's too much going on but I'm LOVING this!! A throwing error brings in Venable and now its 8-3 Padres. As it stands now, Logan and Cam will not be getting a cycle tonight unless some miracle inning happens where we bat around a gazillion times. Yes, Cam is a triple shy of the cycle but I didn't even realize it because like I said, there's too much going on.  Luckily, he will be up second in the eighth so lets keep our fingers crossed he gets a triple and somehow the inning lasts long enough for Logan to get a home run so that we can really make Padres history. The Padres loaded the bases with two outs for Yasmani and I'm hoping he pulls through this time but he didn't, waaaah.

Cam's up for cycle watch BUT Alonso is on first and how the fuck is Cam supposed to get a triple with that slow motherfucker on first. No worries about Cam trying to get the cycle because they walked him but like I said, there was no way Cam was getting the triple with Alonso on first. If Alonso was on second, then yes a triple would have been plausible. Cabrera loads the bases and there's no outs, PLEASE get to Logan, PLEASE. Venable singles in two runs and now it's 10-3 Padres and still there's no outs. Please, please, please, please, please let Logan come up. This game is stressing me out big time right now. Base hit for Deno and it's 11-3 and now Logan is up!! PLEASE GOD, LET LOGAN HIT A HOME RUN. God, clearly doesn't listen to me because Logan struck out, not for lack of trying but my heart thanks him for that because I'm pretty sure it was about to stop. Chase grounds into a DP to end the inning and officially end cycle watch  unless by some freak chance the Cards tie up the game. The Padres STILL don't have a cycle but we won 11-3 so I guess I'm okay with that.

Record: 67-75

No comments:

Post a Comment