Friday, September 7, 2012

Chase Is a BAMF and Tony Gwynn Needs to Announce Forever

So the stadium looks ridiculously empty and it's pretty sad given that it's Beerfest and we all know how much everyone on my twitter feed loves beer and on their feeds. Yasmani does it double style to give the Padres the early 2-0 lead. Do I need to make a Yasmani shirt?! Correction, do I need to make my sissy make me a Yasmani shirt?! Okay, second inning and it's starting to fill in. Since I know we are WAY better fans than Dodger fans I know it's not that everyone was showing up late, they must have been finishing off Beerfest. Cabrera made fantastic play to get the out at first even after he got taken the fuck out himself. He deserves a high five for that because I definitely didn't think we were going to get anything after he got taken out.

With Josh Byrnes in the booth, Chase CRUSHED a three run home run to make it 5-0 Padres. He totally did that because Byrnes is in the booth. Even though he didn't know he was, he sooooo did it. That was his way of saying "Give me a fucking extension". Seriously. So sorry if none of that makes much sense. It doesn't even make much sense to me. Gross, I go to get something to eat and the D-Backs score 2?! What the fuck did I just miss?? Stupid Cashner...

Top of the seventh, the D-Backs score off Bass to make it 5-3 Padres. Can we stop letting them score?? Please?? Oh yeah, it's Cashner and Bass' first appearance since their respective injuries. Highlight of the game, Thayer shaving his mustache. Okay, so it wasn't part of the game but it was debuted during the game and holy fuck does he look like a normal human now. Bye, bye Yosemite Same stache. Oh no's!! Tommy Layne came in to replace Thayer and gave up a double to clear the bases and tie the game at 5. Poor kid. Now Brach is coming in to hopefully finish this inning without giving up anymore runs.

Chase does it AGAIN. The Padres now lead 6-5 because Chase is a BAMF and is working his way to getting bank. I absolutely love that Tony just went on a little rant about how people say you can't hit home runs at Petco and included basically "blah, blah, blah" except I think it was closer to "nah, nah, nah" but it was epic no matter what and just made me love him even more. Here comes Luke in to close out the game and move this win streak to three. Lets do this!! Padres win 6-5 and the D-Backs can suck it!!

Record: 65-74

No comments:

Post a Comment