Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Ah, Crap

One batter into the game and the D-Backs already had to take out Young. I like our chances. Logan singles and Chase walks, can we not walk Chase?? I'd like to see him end up with the NL RBI lead, thanks. Yasmani lucked out and got an infield hit, not sure I would have scored it that but I'll allow it. Padres load the bases with one out and Alonso up. Ugh, Alonso. (Trying to do like Friday and not get excited for him so he will hit a grand slam). Alonso didn't hit a grand slam but he did hit a sac fly to score Logan from third. On first look, I couldn't figure out how Logan was safe then they showed the replay and the ball got to the plate in plenty of time. However the catcher tagged him in his chest and I don't know why he felt the need to tag him so high up. Whatever, the Padres have the early 1-0 lead. UGH, the D-Bags tied the game in the first. I don't need this to be an "anything you can do, I can do better" games. I kinda have a lab report to write. Ah, crap. The D-Bags take the lead on an RBI double. If only Logan's throw would have been a smidgen lower and by smidgen I mean a whole person lower.

Apparently the D-Bags scored a third run at some point between the first inning and the seventh. I managed to stop paying any kind of attention somewhere in there. Hopefully the Padres will pick it up and get me back into this game. Cabrera gets a two out double stretched triple?? Not sure how you want to score it since there was a bobble and what not but I guess the official scorekeepers gave him a triple. Whatevs. Of course, we couldn't bring him home. Cabrera made the most awkwardly amazing pirouetting play to get a double play to end the D-Bags half of the seventh. Even though it was aesthetically ugly, the pirouette itself, it was still fun-ish. I think it just made me want to do some handstand pirouettes more than it impressed me. BRB while I go do some...

Deno kicks off the top half of the ninth with a single and two base error. Let's get this going Padres!! A sac fly by Will brings Deno around to score to make it 3-2 D-Bags. What I want to know is why the Zona heat hasn't made us hit home runs like people keep claiming is why we were hitting them here the past week or however long it has been. Well, the Padres lose 3-2 and now I can get to writing that lab report. Super.

Record: 71-77

No comments:

Post a Comment