Friday, July 13, 2012

Baseball's Back, Tell a Friend, Guess Who's Back, Guess Who's Back, Guess Who's Back, Guess Who's Back...

I was originally going to start the title with "Guess who's back, back again" then I realized I already used that so I just picked up from where the part of the song ended and if I had any kind of skill I would write this so you could sing it to Eminem's Without Me. It would be pretty awesome but unfortunately my skills stop at rapping along so you get stuck with a regular boring post. Sorry.

This is the first game back since the All-Star break and let me just say that I did not miss Leila AT ALL... or Padres baseball. I mean I missed the Padres, just not their way of playing. It was also very refreshing to turn the game on and hear Tony Gwynn announcing with Enberg. I absolutely love Tony and listening to him makes my heart happy. What made my heart even happier, not hearing Mark Grant. The Padres scored first against the Dodgers in the second inning by putting together some decent at bats but that's about all that has happened. I feel like I have missed at least half the game at this point because I needed to make dinner. I decide when I finish growing up, I'm putting a tv in my kitchen. I find it unacceptable to be missing part of the game because I need food... and I love my food.

Cam made an AMAZING diving catch in the fifth that scared the shit out of me when he didn't come up right away. I totally thought he fucked up his shoulder right there. That BETTER be a top play on SportsCenter later. Pretty sure Clayton almost died when a line drive went back to his head in the sixth, luckily he got his glove up in time. Unfortunately he didn't hold onto the ball and only got one out instead of a double play. Now, he gives up a two run home run and the Padres trail 2-1. Booooo. Clayton drilled Ethier and when Balsley came in for a talk it looked like Clayton was laughing at the fact that he just drilled Ethier. I now love him again if that is indeed what he was laughing/smiling about.

Either I watched too much baseball or this game was just extremely boring but the Padres lost 2-1 and I'm annoyed. Side note: this bullshit aerial view does not work with baseball, knock it off.

Record: 34-54

No comments:

Post a Comment