Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Signs of a Zombie Apocalypse or Are the Astros Just That Bad

Apparently I should have had an epic post last night but I was not any kind of having it so I didn't write one. As Enberg was saying the lineup this afternoon, he apparently decided that we have a new player and that he was scratched already, Cameron Maybe. Obviously he meant Maybin but still, I'm half asleep and that was funny. What else my half asleep mind thought was funny "Alonso throws to short"... Alexi is playing short and is short. Yes, I need to go back to bed.

Four innings into the game and the Padres score first on a base loaded passed ball or wild pitch, wasn't paying close attention, to make it 1-0 with runners in scoring position with no outs. Still no outs and now the bases are loaded, this is looking like it may be a huge inning, then again, we are the Padres and we used up A LOT of runs last night. The Padres scored two more runs on a Deno double to make it 3-0 AND still don't have an out. Alonso doubles in two more runs and now we are leading 5-0. Dude, chill on the runs, I'd like to see some tomorrow night. Before the inning finally comes to an end Alonso stole third and I've decided that means there is a zombie apocalypse coming soon. There is no way in hell Alonso would be stealing if there wasn't one. 


Chase scores from first on a throwing error to make it 6-0 in the fifth. Definitely a zombie apocalypse coming. Clayton gives up a three run home run in the sixth to cut the lead in half which argues against my zombie apocalypse theory. Clayton decided he needed to fix his mistake and was just short of a home run but that's okay because Cabrera came around to score and now it's 7-3 Padres. Deno apparently was safe at home on an Alonso double but they were having technical difficulties so I missed it. Luckily, they had their issues worked out in time for me to see the replay, 20 million times. Next time I won't complain that I missed the initial play so maybe they will only show the replay 1 million times instead. Alonso made nice play at first and has been doing work with the bat today so maybe I was right about my zombie theory. Every time I have proof for my theory Clayton gives up a home run. STOP IT!! I don't like holes being poked into my theories. Black decided to pull Clayton and put in Vincent, Vincent walks a batter and immediately Street gets brought into the game and I once again worry for the breatheability of his balls. The Padres win 8-4 and Clayton doesn't get the complete game, what a bummer.

Record: 38-55

No comments:

Post a Comment