Friday, July 27, 2012

Bienvenido a Miami, los Padres

Welcome to Miami, Bienvenido a Miami. I told you I wouldn't hesitate to use the Will Smith song... Can someone please tell the Marlins that they wasted a shit ton of money on one of the ugliest stadiums I think I have ever seen?? Do they not realize that with the money the spent on that atrocious statue thing whatever the hell it is, they could have used it to get some better players so they wouldn't be so shitty?? Clearly not. Like seriously, this stadium looks like what I imagine Barbie would have for Baseball Ken.

 Four innings into this game and I have yet to be anything but disgusted. If my eyes didn't hurt already, all these bright ass colors would be doing the job. Sometime during Leila's failed interview attempt of Grandal's mom, the Marlins scored and have a runner on third with no outs. I felt so bad for Grandal's mom, it seemed pretty clear that she would have been more comfortable speaking Spanish and you know, actually being able to hear the questions being asked. That might have helped a little too. Either way I wish they would have at least had a translator ready. The Marlins scored again this inning and again have a runner on third, this time with two outs. Awesome, in the fifth the Marlins have the bases loaded with Carlos Lee up. That scares me because I know that assdick can hit but luckily he ended the inning.

In the sixth the Padres finally looked like something was going to happen with runners at the corner and no outs. Before a run can come around the score the Padres load the based and Big Z walks in a run making it 2-1 Marlins. The Padres still have the bases loaded and no outs, I think I might like this inning. Grandal tripled in the second, third and fourth run to give the Padres a 4-2 lead. Alonso knocks in Grandal to make it 5-2 with no outs until Cam came up, whatever. The Padres once again load the bases this inning with two outs, unfortunately Guzman struck out. It's ok, we had eleven men come to the plate. Alonso drove in another run in the seventh to make it 6-2 Padres with runners at first and second with one out. Aaaand whoever is pitching for the Marlins right now is hot. Somehow I missed a run being scored because the Padres are leading 7-2 in the eighth. Not sure how I missed a run but okay. The Padres go on to win 7-2... bienvenido a Miami, los Padres.

Record: 43-58

No comments:

Post a Comment