Monday, July 2, 2012

The Cycle's a Myth, Grandal and Alexi Are Beastly and I've Overused the Word "Bro"

So I come home from the movies, turn the game on and the Padres are winning 1-0 in the fourth... this is new. The next thing I know, Cam is hitting a solo shot to make it 2-0. What the hell is going on right now, bro?! As if that wasn't enough Alexi hits a two run double and it's now 4-0 Padres. THEN Grandal jacks a home run for himself to make it 5-0. Seriously, bro, what the hell is going on?! Maybe I need to go watch Magic Mike before every game because they clearly felt the need to put on a show better than Channing Tatum's stripper routines. The D-Backs scored two but I don't care because I have just been informed that Alexi is a triple shy of the cycle AND will have one more appearance in this game. In true Padres fashion we didn't get the cycle and I still believe it's a myth. Alonso was up with bases loaded and two outs and walks to score the sixth run. Sweet deal, bro. What wasn't a sweet deal, bro, was sending Quentin only to be out by a gazillion feet. As much as I'd hate to encourage anything Bryce Harper now but the fact that people were asking, myself included, why we sent Quentin is a clown question, bro. Clayton is playing the best I have seen him all season and was one strike away from a complete game. Unfortunately he gave up a hit and got pulled. I was really hoping he would get a complete game but it's okay, I'm just glad he's playing like the guy I used to love watching pitch. The Padres win 6-2 and we have a three game win streak to work with. Yay for momentum, bro!!

Record: 31-50

No comments:

Post a Comment