Sunday, July 15, 2012

I Like Being Able to Laugh at the Dodgers

"L.A. stands for late arriving" - Dick Enberg. That might be one of the best things I have heard him say, I love it. I enjoy seeing that double steal over and over and over again. Can we play this a minimum of 5 times per inning from now on when we play LA?? I mean we do play Posey breaking his ankle/leg a million times when we play the Giants and that didn't even happen in a game against us.

Tony Gwynn Jr. seems to always fuck us. In the first inning he managed to get a hit to tie up Logan then promptly stole second, like I knew he would. He then went on to score on an Ethier single. Dodgers up 1-0 with no outs with the fourth batter of the game up. The Padres should have had a double play but fucking Marquis didn't make it to first in time. Good news, they have runners and first and third which is perfect for getting a double play to end the inning. Even better news, they got the double play that I just called.

During the broadcast they started talking about the stealing of home again and that it has to be one of the most exciting plays in baseball because it doesn't happen very often. So I decided to think of my top 3 favorite things to see during a game. 1) Grand slam, there's no doubt that is the most exciting thing there is especially when the Padres do it because it is even more rare then. 2) Double steals, specifically double steals of home but any double steal will do. 3) Triple plays, unassisted are the best but like with double steals, I will take any kind of triple play... as long as it's not against the Padres, which follows for all three of these. I'd add in a no hitter and a perfect game but I think those are only exciting when it happens for your team and as we all know the Padres have neither of those.

Logan scored in the fourth on an error that should have been a double play and now the game is tied 1-1, I'll take it. The Dodgers scored somehow in the sixth but by this point I'm two seconds away from falling asleep so I could care less. I just want this game to end in the next hour so that I can do what I need to get done before the Reds Cards game tonight. The Dodgers make their fourth error of the game and the Padres bring two around to score on a bases loaded JHJ throwing error to make it 3-2 Padres and now I'm awake. Team fun size beat out JHJ's throw to first and another run comes around to score, 4-2 Padres and I can't stop laughing at Hairston. Chase extends the lead with a solo home run to make it 5-2 in the eighth. Apparently the Padres loaded the bases but I missed that because I was busy being fan jacked and trying not to melt. With that said, a run came around to score and it's now 6-2 Padres. Alexi scores on a hit by Alonso, that I didn't see by the way, to make it 7-2. I'm loving all this scoring but can the game just end already. I'm over it. Padres take the series against the Dodgers and I laugh, Ha ha ha ha ha.

Record: 36-54

No comments:

Post a Comment