Monday, July 16, 2012

Dear Padres, Go Away

So I was watching the Reds game before the Padres game started and the second I turned the game on they were talking about Votto missing 3-4 weeks because he tore his meniscus in the Giants series at the end of June. That got me wondering why it took them this long to decide he needed surgery. Only the outer third of the meniscus is vascular, meaning it has a blood supply and can be surgically repaired. Maybe it's just me but if you, the trainer or doctor, know that it's a meniscus tear why would you allow him to wait to fix it and risk him doing something else to extend the tear into the avascular part?? Another thing I was wondering and have been for some time, why more players don't have a squattier stance. In my mind, a squattier stance means a minimized strike zone, a minimized strike zone means the pitcher HAS to make his pitches. Makes perfect sense to me but I'm sure there is an underlying reason that I wouldn't know from only playing softball for a semester.

I've decided tonight's game is going to be the battle of the fun sized. We have Alexi playing and the Astros have Altuve in. Altuve and the Astros strike first, bastards. Not even a full inning into the game and they, Mark and Dick, have already started in on the jockey jokes. Not funny, guys, not funny. This game has been incredibly boring, so much so that I decided to balance my laptop on my feet because even doing that was more entertaining than watching the game. During the seventh, the Padres managed to load the bases with one out and for some strange reason everyone on twitter, with the exception of myself, had hope that they would do something with that. People seriously underestimate just how shitty of a team we have. Don't let the recent success fool you, we are still a young, shitty team who just happened to figure out how to pull some wins out of their asses for long enough to get your hopes up. Padres lose 2-0 and I want them to go back on the road... at least they pull out wins there.

Record: 36-55

No comments:

Post a Comment