Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Five Straight Including a Sweep?! Get the Fuck Out

I know it's the Fourth of July but is it really necessary for all the super cheesy graphics today?? Chase starts the game off early with an RBI triple to hopefully make us continue this win streak and sweep the D-Backs. Marquis apparently didn't want the Padres to keep the lead for long because five batters into the first inning he gave up a three run home run to make it a 3-1 game, fail. Alonso drives in a run in the top of the third on a long single making it 3-2. Thank God his fat ass was able to crawl back to first after he slipped or I would have had to yell at him and I haven't eaten enough today to be able to have all my colorful terms ready for that. Cabrera scores on an RBI double by Marquis to tie the game. Unfortunately Marquis tried to stretch it into a triple and was out at third to end the inning.

Alexi scores Deno to make it 4-3 Padres in the seventh with an RBI double and the D-Backs seem to be having issues throwing on-line in attempts to get an out at home. The D-Backs tie the game in the bottom of the seventh and I'd assume Marquis will be pulled after the go ahead run comes around to score. Oh hey, I was wrong. Black actually pulled someone before it was too late. Zona stole second because Baker's accuracy was about as good as mine. Then Enberg tried to give them a two run home run on a foul ball that didn't clear the wall, hashtag old man issues.

Finally they put Grandal in the game, I was over Baker. I know this is like three home runs too late but I just got reminded by Enberg about what I'm going to say. I've always felt like the catcher should be your best batter because they are more used to recognizing pitches so the fact that Grandal has been doing as well as he has so far proves my thought right. On the flip side Nick doing as shitty as he has proves my thought wrong. I'm going to continue to think the catcher is the best batter because it makes perfect sense to me. Before I could even finish typing that sentence Grandal hits a two run jack to give the Padres the 6-4 lead in the top of the eighth. Deno had a hell of a night tonight, 4 for 5?! Holy shit. Deno comes around to score on an error off a bunt by Team Fun Size making it 7-4.. hahahaha 7-4, July 4th.. fitting. Alonso drove in Alexi and took away my brilliant idea for a title. I was thinking "Padres win 7-4 on 7/4, Suck it D-Bags". Stephen Drew had an RBI double making it 8-5 in the bottom of the ninth with no outs. Seriously, Padres, did you forget how to get outs?? Not okay. What is okay is that the Padres won 8-6 to make it their fifth in a row and a sweep over the D-backs. SUCK IT, ZONA!!

Record: 33-50

No comments:

Post a Comment