Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Padres Fans Are Delusional

It's the second game of the series and we got our asses kicked last night and most likely will again tonight. Translation, that hope that the Padres were getting better was all an illusion. If  you look at the teams we played while we were "better" they were all shitty teams, Astros, Rockies and D-Backs. We magically started sucking again when we faced a first place team, the Reds... At least I think they were in first when we faced them, if not they were like a game behind. Following the Reds we faced the slumping Dodgers, the shitty Astros and shitty Rockies again. Facing those teams made us magically better again. Hmm, I wonder why?? Now we are facing another first place team and our ability to win or play like a good team has magically disappeared. I don't believe that this is a coincidence and I agree with the people yesterday that were saying the Padres suck after only one game against the Giants. I just showed you in the most unscientific way possible that we do suck, just not against completely shitty teams. Yes, we have gotten better since the beginning of the season but to think we can win against first place teams is hilarious. Lets just be glad we aren't getting swept by teams like the Cubs again.

The Padres already trail by two going into the second inning. I want to have hope that we will make a comeback like we had against the shitty teams but I'm not crazy enough to believe it will happen against a first place team. As I'm writing this the Padres cut the lead in half and are trying to prove me wrong. I don't like to be proved wrong but when it comes to the Padres winning abilities, I'll allow it. Volquez did some work of his own and tied the game at two with a bloop single to score Guzman. I'm telling you, these guys have something against me and LOVE to try and prove me wrong. Can I have the Reds back?? At least they like me and don't try to prove me wrong all the time.

To end the third the Giants make a decent double play that caused Sandoval to do the splits in order to get the out at first. And I don't mean half ass splits, I mean full on splits. The boy was walking off the field like he ripped his boy parts off. I will be shocked if he stays in the game. Just like I thought, Sandoval doesn't return to the game, he clearly pulled off his boy parts but they won't tell us that, they will mask it with a hamstring pull. Yep, totally called that. They just announced he pulled his left hamstring. I win. I'm going to make a great athletic trainer because "boy parts" is totally a medical term.

The Padres could have had a nice inning to break the tie in the eighth but due to our inability to judge whether or not a ball will be caught plus a nice diving catch by Pagan, we blew it. I'm sick and tired of their inability to judge whether or not the ball is catchable. Pretty sure Chrome is telling me I just made up a word there. I'm not talking specifically about the play tonight because as LeftCoastBias said on twitter "That ball never appeared to be catchable...until it was. Hardly a mental lapse by Chase IMO." For once that seemed to be the case but like I said, more often than not it's an inability to judge whether or not the ball is catchable. The Padres lose 3-2 and now people are going to blame it on bad luck or claim that it's only two games... refer to the first paragraph of this post.

Record: 41-58

No comments:

Post a Comment