Friday, July 6, 2012

Wait, Shit, Fuck, Dammit!! I'm So Confused!! Part One

Those seven words came out of my mouth countless times tonight. I was so conflicted with my cheering that even Reds fans thought I was one of their own. Sure walking into our section wearing my Reds Spring Training shirt probably didn't help or you know the yelling at Latos to part. I'm still not sure if the Reds fans sitting next to us figured out that I am a Padres fan first and for most of if they just thought I was a baseball fan in general. Of course I was yelling at Volquez during the game and doing my best to cheer for the Padres even though Latos started. There were a few times during the same plate appearance that I went from cheering for Latos to cheering for whoever we had up. I told you I was very confused. There were times when I would finally cheer for Volquez because he recorded and out until I realized the out was Cozart then my confusion returned with "It's about damn time!! Oh shit, that was Cozart, dammit!!" All of that confusion paled in comparison when Heisey made an outstanding catch to rob Everth of a hit... at least I think it was Everth. I let out a huge "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!!" when that happened but I still don't know if that was a yell of "fuck you" proportions or if it was a yell of "holy shit that was amazing but why couldn't it have happened against a different team" proportions. Either was I legitimately confused for the next ten minutes because of it. If it weren't for the rest of the shit that went on with a bullshit out call on Cam at first and the Padres hitting a couple homes runs to win their sixth, yes I said sixth, game in a row I'm sure I'd still be trying to figure it out. I find it ironic that the only people to hit home runs tonight were the Padres. Look at the Reds lineup then look at ours, they definitely should have been able to crush a ball or two. I will however say I was not any kid of okay with Everth's bat flip after he hit the game winning home run. Usually I would have been all for that and would have taken it as excitement but for some reason tonight I took that more as a "fuck you" than a celebration... probably because of all this confusion. All in all I love that we have figured out this winning thing BUT I hate that it's coming right before the All-Star break. We all know what happens when the Padres have time off when they start to get hot. Padres won 2-1 to take their sixth straight win and hopefully I won't be as confused the rest of the series but it is me and you never know what I am capable of.

Record 34-50

Edit: Apparently Everth didn't hit a game winning home run but a game winning single instead... or double, I don't even know anymore. I could have sworn he hit a home run too, which just makes it that much more disappointing that there was that dramatic bat flip. Whatever, we won and that's all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment