Thursday, February 28, 2013

Warning: Ridiculous Post Ahead

I was just informed that Grady Sizemore is a free agent this season and you know what that means, it's time for another ridiculous "the Padres should get Grady" post.

Okay, so we all know that I adore Grady Sizemore and have since '07 and that him being plagued with injuries has heartbroken me. It really sucks to see a player, with as much talent and passion as Grady, be on the DL for more games than he's played in during a season... or seasons. Grady was always fun to watch and let's face it, he is an extremely attractive man. His defensive abilities were my favorite to watch when I'd get the chance to watch Indians games. Sure, his offense wasn't bad to watch either, at first, but it was his defense that sold me. I loved watching him layout to make catches or scale the wall to take away homeruns but with all the injuries those defensive skills are only a memory.

Now why would the Padres want someone so injury prone?? Well, they wouldn't but our team is already injury prone so we might as well have someone who is a fantastical player when they are healthy than someone who is only decent enough to play for the Padres when they are healthy. Besides, we know the Padres like to sign players that used to be great and now are mediocre at best. As far as I know, the Padres are working with Quentin, Maybin, Denorfia and Venable for their OF's once again. Honestly, I'd rather have a broken Grady than Deno and Venable. Grady has had knee problems but so has Quentin, we'd obviously need Deno and Venable to play backup in case a new injury occurs or an old one flairs up.

What's the harm in getting Grady?? Welp, I was going to say Grady is younger than Quentin so I'd have more faith in him getting back to his old self but I just googled it and they are the same age. So much for that theory. Yes, Grady plays center and yes, we have Maybin playing there but I'm sure we could move Grady to left or right and he wouldn't complain because, well, he'd be on a team. I highly doubt he is willing to give up on something he's worked so hard to get. I know I wasn't ready to quit gymnastics when I had to and I was just doing it for fun. Grady has mentioned before that he enjoys playing in Petco so there's that too.

There's a reason I said this was a ridiculous post, because I'm just throwing out my thoughts and not basing it off of facts or anything, just pure "I want Grady so I can have someone to stare at when the Padres are getting their asses kicked" ridiculousness. My first Grady post was a lot better and I apologize for this one. It's all over the place and like I said, ridiculous. Like, 38 kinds of ridiculous. With all the crazy I just wrote, I'd be probably die if the Padres actually did get Grady because this is all kind of a big joke to me. Yes, I want him but I don't see it ever actually happening. Hooray for ridiculously high hopes.

No comments:

Post a Comment