Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Someone Is About To Be Saved By The Bell...

Word has it that Heath Bell is close to signing with a mystery team. "A source close to Heath Bell said his FA deal is about done but no word on what team it is... so not sure you should have read this tweet" - Jim Bowden. If I had to guess who this mystery team is, I would say the Padres. Why?? Because pretty much every Padres fan thinks that he is about to go and what would be more shocking than to see him stay?! Everyone that knows anything about Heath knows that he has stated that he would take the hometown discount to play with the Padres. Personally, I wouldn't be upset if he left. Don't get me wrong he is an All Star caliber pitcher and a really nice guy but his tendency to make the ninth inning 'interesting' is going to give me a heart attack one of these days. If he does stay with the Padres, I'm going to have to start working out and doing everything I can to prevent the stress of watching him pitch from giving me a heart attack. Though there are rumors flying around, Heath posted himself via twitter "The most exciting thing that happened today..put up my Christmas lights. No news people.So whatever happens, happens and I will cope with it in my own ways. C'est la vie.

2 comments:

  1. He has already given me a few heart attacks. I feel like every game I watched him close in person this last season he blew the lead wide open. It would be sad to see him go but I am neutral on this. If he stays, good. If he leaves, it will be sad but I will get over it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel. The worst was when he gave up the lead during the Trevor game. I kind of hope he does stay just because he is such a nice guy and we all love him but he needs to work on not giving us heart attack during Spring Training.

    ReplyDelete