Thursday, December 1, 2011

Congratulations Heater

Welp, looks like the Marlins are being saved by the Bell. It's reported that he will get $27 million for three years. Way to go Heath!! It is going to be sad to see him leave because he is such a nice guy but he did what was best for him and his family so congratulations on your new deal, Heath. At least with him going to the Marlins he will be reunited with fellow former Padres which has to make the transition that much easier. Now that Heath is gone my question is, who the hell is going to be our closer now?! We all know that Mike Adams was supposed to be the next closer but they traded him to the Rangers this season. With Adams gone it's making me wonder if they are going to try to fit Luke Gregerson in the closers spot or bring in someone else. From what my brother was telling me earlier, the Padres are looking at Huston Street for Orlando Hudson. I don't know how much truth there is to this rumor and haven't heard anything about it besides what my brother told me but, if it is true there will be a sudden increase in "mow my lawn" tweets before those come to a sad end. If this is true than I would assume he will be our closer and Luke will remain a setup man.

One thing that I will miss the most about not having Heath on the team is his personality. You see it from things like him sliding into the pitchers mound in the All Star Game to him flicking sunflower seeds at the camera crew during the games... or anyone near by. However, I will not miss his need to make things "interesting". My actual heart muscle thanks you Padres for making this deal and I continue to look forward to the trades and other acquisitions that will happen this off-season and hope that these scraps make for a decent team next year. Once again, congratulations Heath on your new deal, I hope you kill it out in Florida.

No comments:

Post a Comment