Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Y'all Ready For This

It's been a short lifetime since the Padres have had a game and a slightly longer lifetime since I've written about a game. Well, today, I'm writing... kinda. The only reason I decided to write today is because I get to watch JJ Hardy during this series.

As you know, after we swept the Marlins, we flew to Florida and got swept by Tampa Bay. I guess Tampa didn't enjoy us beating up their little big brother. I say little big brother because the Marlins are the older team but they have the feel of the younger annoying sibling that is always screwing up things.

Q gets the game started with a solo shot to start the Padres half of the second to answer why he was chosen for pick the stick. The Padres load the bases with two outs in our half of the second only to strike out and end the inning. Can we stop it with the strikeouts?!

Welp, while the broad was interviewing Gyorko's family, the O's tied the game at 1 with a solo shot of their own. I think this means she's not allowed to talk anymore. There's been a whole bunch of nothing since the 2nd inning, it's the 8th now. Well, some defensive plays that I missed. Go figure. Finally something happens. Unfortunately it was the O's that scored in the bottom of the 8th. This might be one of the fastest AL rules games I have seen and I still hate it. Every last second of it.

The Padres looked to have something going in the 9th so Black opted to pinch run for Kotsay. Because ya know, putting Blanks in to run for Kotsay makes perfect sense when Alonso is the lead runner... speed behind slow is always helpful. *Sigh* It didn't matter anyway since the Padres hit into a double play and eliminated the speed. Deno tied the game at two with a two out single and it looks like it's gonna to be awhile longer before I get to make my double chocolate muffins tonight. Cabrera drove in another run to make it 3-2 and Hundley got in a rundown to end the inning instead of chilling at second and possibly continuing the inning.

Street comes in to pitch the 9th and the O's start playing one of my old gymnastics songs, asking, "Y'all Ready For This" to which I found myself answering with a giant "No". I'm NEVER ready for Huston to come in and pitch, never ever especially after the Tampa Bay incident. Speaking of which, Street walking what should have been the last out is eerily familiar and I don't like it. STOP IT!! Thank God, it didn't end the way it did last time. Padres win 3-2 and I'm still against the damn DH and being forced to watch boring baseball.

Record: Still better than the Dodgers

No comments:

Post a Comment