Saturday, May 25, 2013

Cycle Watch 2013: The Struggle Is Real

It's been a long time yet again but I'm not sorry anymore. I can barely concentrate to watch games much less blog about them. However, Cabrera single handedly made me want to write this post tonight.

The Padres were down by 2 early in the game and with a Padre at third and two outs, Cabrera absolutely killed a ball to tie the game. One of my friends tweeted that Cabrera told that ball 'good day, kind sir' to which I responded with something along the lines of "I'm thinking more like Fez, 'I said GOOD DAY!!'" and we all could see him saying that like Fez too easily. So from this point on, Cabrera will forever be called Fez.

Cashner promptly erased Fez's HR to make it 4-2 D-Backs. Q scored on someone's base hit. I can't remember, I was eating but Fez is on his game today and doubled to make it a 7-4 game in the fourth. Oh and not to mention, he stole his 100th base earlier in the game and is a triple away from the cycle. We all know how possible this is for him to do but he is a Padre so that works against him BUT it is only the fourth inning and he's already been up three times. Oh and it's an away game so it's only logical the Padres do something epic while the majority of their fans aren't there. So will this be the day the Padres say good day to the cycle?! I kinda hope so.

Oh yeah, Q changed his stance after the ugliest "slide" into home ever a few games ago. It's super awkward looking now but supposedly it's taking stress off his knee or some shit like that, I kinda ignore the in game commentary. Despite the ugliness of his new stance, it seems to be working because it seems that every time I look up, he's on base. With that said, I'm not convinced that he is healthy enough to be doing so much running. Not convinced at all. With the bases loaded, Hundley gets a bloop single to score two more, making a 9-4 game in 5.

Fez leads off the 6th and does a whole bunch of nothing with it. Boo!! And of course since it's cycle watch, Grant brings up the fact that Tony Gwynn was a single away from the cycle and taken out of the game. We know, Grant, we know. You say this EVERY TIME a cycle is even thought about. We get it.

Fez gets one more chance to do what no Padre has ever done. Please don't let this stay a mythical beast any longer. I'm talking to you baseball gods. While we wait for the 9th, they continue to remind us that they are looking for a new FSSD girl. I've debated doing it because why the hell not?! I can be fake just as easily as they could. However, I'd probably go crazy trying to hold in all my sarcastic and bitchy comments, not to mention my favorite potty words, oh yeah and I still don't get the purpose of them. Though it does seem like it would be interesting to do.

No cycle for Fez. Motherfucker!! The struggle is real and the cycle is an elusive bitch. I'm beginning to believe that it's all just a figment of our imaginations. That is the only logical explanation. The Padres scored one more run but I didn't see it because I'm too depressed about losing the cycle. Well we in 10-4 like bosses but damn, not getting the cycle hurts.

Record: Still better than the Dodgers

No comments:

Post a Comment