Wednesday, October 3, 2012

162

Two years ago game 162 about put me into tears. The Padres were facing the Giants in San Fran and Latos was on the mound. The entire season came down to that final game. I remember literally sitting on the edge of my seat with my heart racing and barely breathing. Seriously, I had to remind myself to breath, it was no long and autonomic response. I might as well have been a player, I honestly think I might have been more stressed about the game than the players were. I don't know how they were able to play that game but a big high five for doing so. As we all know, we lost that game because in true Padres fashion, we couldn't score runs for Latos. Like I said, it about put me into tears. The only reason I didn't cry was because I was in such shock that we had just lost and our playoffs hopes were crushed, just like that. I couldn't get over the fact that that just happened and clearly, I'm still not over it. With that being said, in a way, I'm glad that this game 162 is a million times less stressful but I look forward to the Padres being that close to the playoffs once again. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for 2013 but I'm making sure to remember to breathe this time if/when it happens.

Maybin made an AMAZING catch to rob Braun of a hit in the first inning. Did I mention it was amazing?? The Brewers still manage to take the lead despite that amazing catch Cam made. Shit, somehow the Brewers scored two runs. I think I only saw one. Oops. It's okay, because the Padres are up in their half of the third and have a man on for Chase. They walked him and whatever, he's still leading the RBI race so the Brewers can suck it. The Brewers drive in their third run in the third inning to make it 3-0 Brewers. Not to worry, a little birdy... twitter... told me the Padres will comeback. The Brewers plate three more to make it 6-0 but like I said, a little birdy told me we will comeback.

Deno hits a home run in the fourth to start that comeback I was telling you about. Woot, woot. Alexi scores on, I don't even know what because I was getting sidetracked looking up fabric markers. Apparently he scored on Cabrera's steal of second when the ball went into center. Whatever, I'll allow it since we are chipping away at that 6-2 Brewers lead. Chase just crushed a two run home run to put his RBI count to 116 and the score to 6-4. AMAZING, Chase Headley is AMAZING!! Hold up, the umps are reviewing it?! UGH, the umps determined it was a foul ball. PISS!! Chase goes back to 114 RBI and the Padres go back to losing 6-2. UGH. Okay, so Chase doubles and goes to 115 RBI and the score goes to 6-3. Not a two run shot but I'll take the RBI.

In the top of the sixth inning Deno singles and Cam drives him in on a two run home run. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Cam hit a home run to start the season?? The Brewers lead is cut to one on that two run shot. Thank God, as I act like I didn't already know this happened, or the final score of the game. Chase triples in the tying run and adds to his RBI lead. Muahahahahaha. On a play at the plate, in which Chase came in on an awkward looking standing slide, the Padres take the 7-6 lead and hold onto that lead to win. SUCK IT!!

Chase ends the season on back to back player of  the months AND is the NL RBI leader. I just have this to say, suck it, Braun. Oh yeah, and herpes is for life bro. Ahahahaha. Sadly though, the Padres season has come to an end and I'm thoroughly pissed that I have to wait until the weekend for more baseball. I don't even know what I will do once the season is officially over for everyone. I know some people are wondering what I'm going to write about in the off season, if I write at all and honestly, I don't know. I might end up not writing at all. After the majority of the season, this stopped being fun. I may write a random post here and there about off season news or a "what I'm doing without baseball" post but I'm thinking this might be quiet for some time. Thanks bunches for all that have read and shared these posts and put up with my nonsense.  Love, Peace and Baseball to all and to all a goodnight. XOXO.

Record: 76-86

No comments:

Post a Comment