Wednesday, April 8, 2015

This is the Dawning of the Age of Aquarius... I Mean A.J. Preller

I said it on twitter the other day and I'll say it again here, if Preller got to have a walk-up song I'd want it to be the Pinky and the Brain theme song. That man is doing his best to take over the baseball world and he's doing it all with us. Thanks to him, I have never been more in love with this team than I am right now and we've only completed game two less than an hour from the time I began writing this.

There is so much excitement with these games that I feel like I have ADHD. I can't sit still. I find myself sitting at the edge of my seat bouncing up and down with every hit we get and everyone we take away. It feels beyond amazing to have legitimate talent on this team and I don't mean only one or two good pitchers either. I mean All-Star caliber talent at multiple positions. Award winning talent. Talent the Padres haven't seen in years. The last time I remember even being close to this level of excitement, I was 10 and was surprised with a championship shirt on my way to gymnastics. Even at that it was a different kind of excitement. The Padres were already World Series bound at that point and I was a dumb 10 year old who didn't know half as much about baseball as I do now. Now, I'm so excited for every at bat. Well, almost every at bat. The 2014 part of the lineup kind of lowers my excitement levels. It feels like a sugar high and then the resulting crash. But holy hell, this team now, excuse me while I turn into a basic bitch, I can't even. This time around the excitement is a childlike excitement mixed with adult level knowledge. At one point, right before Kimbrel came in, I was channeling the little girl from Despicable Me.

Tonight's game just proved to me that I will be the most irresponsible parent because I will be letting my future kids stay up to watch games and if they have already gone to bed and the game gets good I will pull an Alan Matthews. If you didn't get the reference go to the 4:30 mark to see what I'm talking about. Homeschooling will need to be done. I have never once thought of homeschooling but if the Padres become one of those teams who compete on a regular basis, I'll do it. My future kids will just have to make friends at little league or Padres games. I mean seriously, who wants to have friends who don't like baseball anyway?!

The fact that there's this much excitement on game 2 out of 162 would be unthinkable in the past but AJ Preller is a God send. I like to think that this is Tony Gwynn's doing. He's definitely look out for us.  

No comments:

Post a Comment